Write for Us
We are currently looking for interesting articles that fit our brand culture. This could be an opportunity for you to tell your story.
We are looking for people who are telling their story from a personal point of view, fit our brand culture, and have an aesthetic that fits our brand. You will stand as the author, with a backlink to your Instagram.
You don’t have to own one of our products or be in any way associated with us, only be a co-promoter of the culture we love here at Red Hat Factory.
Our culture key points
- Love for handcraft and enjoying the moment of creation.
- Love for nature, the stillness and awe which it inspires.
- Passion for longevity (patching up clothes instead of throwing them away for example).
- Heritage. We love old wisdom and old objects passed from one generation to another.
- Promoting the truth that good craftsmanship takes time.
- Opposing the stress of post-industrial society.
As long as you adhere to these key points, we are very openminded as to the content (but we have suggested guidelines below).
- 100+ Years of Hand-cranked History — The Allure of Chainstitch Embroidery
- A Hunter’s Hunt for the Classic Outfit
How to write
We currently have two categories:
- Features, where you, your passion/craft/hobby, and your journey are in focus.
- Adventure Stories, for the photographer who wants to tell a story of one specific trip they had, paired with photos.
For features, we have often suggested the following outline, though it is only to be considered a loose guideline. Many found it helpful.
- Who are you, and how did your passion/craft/hobby first start? Genesis stories are always exciting.
- How did the passion/craft/hobby turn into action? (Started a company? Started an Instagram account? Joined a club?)
- What values drive you in your day to day work with your passion/craft/hobby?
- What is next. Upcoming project? New product?
How long should it be?
1500 to 3000 words is a good guideline, but most anything goes. The main thing is that you feel you have told your entire story the way you want it told.
What language do I write in?
English or Swedish are both good, but if you write in Swedish you have to be good at basic grammar, because we aren’t.
We will edit your English articles if it’s needed.
Swedish articles are translated into English by us, and both are published.
What do you get from this
- We currently don’t pay for articles.
- Your article is published to our growing community of relatively like-minded people. Also the article looks pretty great.
- We do the required editing work, whether that is little or much.
- If you write in Swedish we do a complete translation to English, and publish both.
- We publish it in your name with your picture, and a backlink to your Instagram account.
What do we get from all of this
- We get interesting content on our site, giving us more traffic.
- We get to hear your story and connect with you.
- We get to co-promote the values we stand for with you.
Contact us at hello@redhatfactory, to get started. We’re just one mail away!